Install and Activate Your Xfinity Services After You Move
Xfinity.com/authorize - Taking your equipment with you or getting an Xfinity Self-Install Kit? This document provides helpful guides that will walk you through activation and installation of each of your Xfinity services after you move to a new address.
How to connect and activate xfinity from Xfinity.com/authorize?
Step 1 Connect your wireless gateway
If this device is replacing an existing modem please disconnect it before proceeding.
- Place your wireless gateway near a cable wall outlet, in a central location, away from windows and external walls.
- Screw one end of the coax cable to the Cable In/RF In port on your wireless gateway. Screw the other end to the cable wall outlet or one of the ports on the splitter.
- Plug the power cord into the back of your wireless gateway. Plug the other end into an electrical outlet.
- Wait until the Power, US/DS, and Online lights remain solid for 1 minute. The light may blink for up to 20 minutes. When lights stop flashing, move on to Step 2.
Step 2 Connect to the Internet
- Use a WiFi enabled device (laptop, tablet, phone, etc.) you used at your previous residence, and connect to your WiFi network. Then, open a web browser.
- If your device asks you for a PIN instead of a password, click “Connect using a security key instead.”
- Plug the ethernet cable into your wireless gateway and your computer. Then open a web browser and move on to Step 3.
Step 3 Activate your service
If you need help finding your new account number to complete Xfinity activation :
- Log in to your My Account app using your User ID.
- Tap Account Information.
- Account number is visible. Validate the service address to make sure the address you see is the new address.
Xfinity device activation steps
- Open a web browser and go to www.xfinity.com/activate or xfinity.com/authorize If you see the homepage, then your XFINITY Internet service is activated.
- Enjoy your new XFINITY services!
- If prompted to enter account information, you need to authenticate your account first.
- After completing the screens, it may take up to 20 minutes for your device to complete the full process.
- If prompted to personalize your WiFi information, you need to complete these screens before proceeding.